"Jenn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
9c5jsk$6i1$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:9c5jsk$6i1$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> Now I am getting spam that say's I agreed to be on this spam list, and it
> just ain't true. Can I still use spam cop for it?
yes...
if it looks like a case where you've been accidentally added to a legitimate
mailing list (possibly by someone entering your address into a web form by
mistake), then you might be better off contacting the sender... it's still
spam, but you'll probably get better results by asking the sender to sort
out their mailing list, rather than firing off a spamcop report...
however, a lot of spam sent by spammers who know they're spamming, and who
use throwaway dialup accounts which they know are going to get terminated,
also claims that you agreed to be added to their list... there's not much
point making an effort with those, just spamcop them...
the majority of spam is of that kind, so if in doubt, probably best to
spamcop it rather than reply... or you could post a tracking URL in this
group and someone will help you out...
michael
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help