I can't figure out where on this site to report this, so I'll just fire off a
newbie report here.
HotRate.Com is a "search engine" which sends spam to webmasters telling them
that they've been added to the search engine. (See my foot-in-mouth report
earlier concerning Earthspirit.com.) It's the typical thing:
> Your site http://www.earthspirit.org/mtongue/chtlib/chtlifr.html was
> successfully submitted at hotrate.com (http://www.hotrate.com), the
> web's most relevant search engine!
> You can find your site in hotrate.com at
> http://www.hotrate.com/navitem.asp?id=134494
> Our thousands of editors and reviewers will now start to analyze your
> website, and provide you with immediate feedback.
When I complained to them, I received a message back from
"steven leeman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
which included the following interesting tidbit.
> We don't work with Spamcop and have ourselves regularly a spamcop message to
> answer to
> to prevent enlistment in an orbslike database...
In other words. HotRate maintains a spamcop account which they use to claim
that the spammer has been dealt with. That way they can keep themselves from
being targeted as a known spammer.
I strongly suggest that someone find out what that account is and cancel it.
Full messages with headers available upon request. (And yes, that's my real
email address, and I'd appreciate it if you'd cc me in any reply--I can't
stop by here very often.)
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help