Any ISP or site that has had a complaint filed against it can mark the complaint as "dealt with" or as an innocent bystander. They do not need a SpamCop account to do this. -- HellRazor Kee Hinckley wrote: <edited for brevity> > When I complained to them, I received a message back from > "steven leeman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> > which included the following interesting tidbit. > > > We don't work with Spamcop and have ourselves regularly a spamcop message to > > answer to > > to prevent enlistment in an orbslike database... > > In other words. HotRate maintains a spamcop account which they use to claim > that the spammer has been dealt with. That way they can keep themselves from > being targeted as a known spammer. > > I strongly suggest that someone find out what that account is and cancel it. > > Full messages with headers available upon request. (And yes, that's my real > email address, and I'd appreciate it if you'd cc me in any reply--I can't > stop by here very often.) _______________________________________________ SpamCop-Help mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help
[SC-Help] Re: HotRate Website abusing SpamCop
HellRazor (remove CRAPPY to reply) Tue, 24 Apr 2001 07:47:55 -0700
- [SC-Help] HotRate Website abusing SpamC... Kee Hinckley
- [SC-Help] Re: HotRate Website abus... HellRazor (remove CRAPPY to reply)
- [SC-Help] Re: HotRate Website ... hobo
- [SC-Help] Re: HotRate Website ... Kee Hinckley
- [SC-Help] Re: HotRate Website abus... Petzl
