Gene Merritt wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm new to this whole SpamCop thingy, but have been contributing to
> SpamRecycle's (CAUCE) efforts.
>
> When one goes to the SpamCop report page, there are several 'check' boxes at
> the bottom, some of which are already checked, I presume, as recommended
> offending parties. After that I look over the report (don't know what
> everything means) and reread my original message (for verification as spam)
> before clicking send.
>
> Is there anything else to watch for? In the report that is. I don't report
> anything unless it is 'junk' I've had nothing to do with.

IIRC, normally links in the message body are checked by default and email
addresses are unchecked by default.

Many spammer's use phony email addresses in the message body, most often in the
"to get removed email" statement.  There's no use clogging innocent abuse
departments with complaints about a non-existant customer.

Whether a box is checked or unchecked by default it's up to you to make the
final decision if a complaint is sent to that abuse department.  If you think a
link is an innocent party uncheck the box and if you think the email addy is
valid and deserving of being reported then check the box.

Things to watch out for?  More & more spammers are inserting *your* email
address in the message body.  Make sure you don't accidently report yourself.

hobo


_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to