At 5:59 PM +0200 5/5/01, P.C. wrote:

>------- do someone make a buisness from selling CD's with the addresses
>used on usenet or in what way do my address end up in some fake firms address
>list ?
>Do these "firms" realy make any money, or is it just some hollow shell that
>cheat some buying stocks, as "this is It. stocks ?  What I mean is ,that if
>someone claim to have a multi million firm on the internet ,it could just
>aswell
>be one of these firms that harm the web and usenet and e-mail.


I wish I had an answer, but instead I have the same question.  And I have
some additional related questions...... is there a group that is looking
into these CD producing companies?  Is there a group that serves as a
clearing house for persons who wish to be excluded from such CD's?  (There
is such an organization for persons who do not want to receive bulk snail
mail in the US, though it does not work very well, it is at least in
existence.)  Is there a way that persons whose addresses have been stolen
and sold for others' profit can gather together and do something that gets
to the source of the problem?

It does seem to me that reporting the little minds who promote elongated
organs and inflated paychecks only stops that person long enough to create
another free account and start again.  Some of these spammers are
collecting their own names from user groups and websites (etc.), but many
are purchasing these email addresses from others who have stolen them from
user groups and websites (etc.).

Spammers are desperate people.  People like me who are on the Internet to
make it and the world a better place are seriously considering withdrawing
from the Internet.  I spend way too much time dealing with this and so do
many of you.

A SpamCop Member
_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to