"Anon" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
9cvumv$hgn$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:9cvumv$hgn$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...
> I read all of the previous "won't send report" thread (which I had
started.)
> On reparsing the link, I get the following:
> Report already sent to:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
> [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Would send message source reports to:
> Re:208.147.127.119 (Administrator of network where email originates)
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Re:208.147.127.119 (Administrator of IP block - statistics only)
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> The last several lines confirm the *not sent* reports, but don't say why
> they were not sent.
>
> Again - still no explanation of the "silent" report. Does "silent" mean
that
> no report was sent but Julian's record keeping logs the fact that they
> *should* have been sent???
>
> Following is a quote from the previous thread: "this is now fixed.  I've
> been making some changes - note the new "IP block owner" silent reports.
> And introducing new bugs too, of course ;)"
>
> I don't remember anything about "IP block owner" (and what does this
mean -
> is there a FAQ on  this?)

ah... those reports weren't sent, and they shouldn't have been...

the problem addressed by the threads was that when the usual source reports
and the new "silent" test reports matched up, nothing was sent... now the
usual reports are sent, the "silent" reports are not, because they're
silent, which is how it's supposed to be...

i guess, depending on the results of the testing, the spamcop might one day
send those reports instead of the ones it does at the moment...

michael


_______________________________________________
SpamCop-Help mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://news.spamcop.net/mailman/listinfo/spamcop-help

Reply via email to