I am using xpress algorithms to get peak areas under curve (label free). I
did some homework in this forum, and it turns out that it is doable by
xpress according to this post:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/spctools-discuss/label$20free$20xpress/spctools-discuss/RQPvyz3hIa4/bAVLoHxjinwJ

In the above post, it is suggested to run xinteract with -X-M option, and
then grab only "light area" in the pepxml file. So I did it using the
command:

xinteract -x20 -Opt -PREC -X-M-m0.05 -NResult.pep.xml somefile.raw.pep.xml
(tpp v4.5 rapture rev 2)

Inside Result.pep.xml file, I found description of xpress algorithm:

<xpressratio_summary version="2.1 (TPP v4.5 RAPTURE rev 2, Build
201307022022 (linux))" author="Jimmy Eng" same_scan_range="Y"
labeled_residues="MLIGHT" xpress_light="0" massdiff="MLIGHT,1.00"
masstol="0.05" min_num_chromatogram_points="6" min_num_isotope_peaks="0"/>

My questions are:

   1. Basically -M option defaults "MLIGHT" as labeled, not every amino
   acid; Should I indicates all amino acid residues by using -n option?
   2. My raw data has been searched by setting parent mass tolerance of
   20ppm. I am wondering if it is reasonable to set mass tolerance to 0.05
   dalton here by using -m option.
   3. for: min_num_chromatogram_points="6", is it to leave it just like
   this or change to some other values?
   4. Is there any way to get protein level quantitation by use of peak
   area of peptides?

I have these questions since, when I manually check the peak areas by
xcalibur, it turns out to be very different than what xpress gives to me.
So I figured that something must be wrong with my setting. Can somebody
help me out on these issues?