Hi

There is a .xsd file that specifies and documents the meaning of the tags

http://sashimi.sourceforge.net/schema_revision/mzXML_3.2/mzXML_3.2.xsd

in this case the sha1 of the current mzxml file is defined as

"sha-1 sum for this file (from the beginning of the file up to (and
including) the opening tag of sha1"

Hannes