*From:* spctools-discuss@googlegroups.com [mailto:
spctools-discuss@googlegroups.com] *On Behalf Of *???
*Sent:* Monday, September 19, 2016 8:02 PM
*To:* spctools-discuss@googlegroups com
*Subject:* Re: [spctools-discuss] Question About iprophet/Spectral library

I have never done the SpectraST search.

When you create a consensus library using SpectraST, you actually removed
redundant spectra. You can refer to Nature method paper about SpectraST.
Here is the link:
http://www.nature.com/nmeth/journal/v5/n10/full/nmeth.1254.html

On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 10:44 AM, Ali <sma.banijam...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi

Thanks so much for your answers!

I created a library with Spectrast once without error but when I wanted to
do a spectral search with it, I got an error saying the library is corrupt
and when I tried to create the same library again, I received error each
time at different points during the creation process. I noticed that some
other people had this issue on Windows, but I am creating the library on a
cluster using Linux. I thought the issue might be due to the size of the
library. The library is more than 4 gbs. But then I noticed that the
combination of results which I created using iprophet (and then used to
create the spectral library) has many redundant spectra. Could you please
tell me what should I do exactly to remove those redundant spectra?

Or, what are the correct steps that I should take to make a spectral
library from a pep.xml created with iprophet which contains all of the
search results (and redundant spectra as well), to make sure that there is
no redundant spectra in the library?

Thanks again,

Ali