Thanks David very helpful! Everything is much more clear now. So now I just
have one more question:

My ultimate goal is to create a spectral library from all these results. If
I understood correctly, I should now take the pep.xml file processed with
iprophet (which contains similar peptides of different spectra) and process
it with ProteinProphet (with the IPROPHET option on), and then create a
spectral library from the resulting file?

Is this a better approach comparing with creating a consensus library from
individual search results (each processed with PepPro and iPro) with
SpectraST?

Thank you very much.