My suspicion regarding the Tandem failure is the fragment mass tolerance.
I am observing fragment mass differences of much less than 0.05 daltons,
yet your Tandem search uses 0.5 daltons as the tolerance.  Could GPM-tandem
be having a problem there?  Can you try to lower the fragment mass
tolerance and redo the search?  Can you employ comet in your pipeline?

-David