Thanks Jason!  Once your manuscript is published it would be great to announce
that on this list.

Cheers!

Brian

On Jul 12, 2017, at 8:13 AM, Jason Winget
<jwin...@gmail.com<mailto:jwin...@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi Brian,
StPeter is a direct implementation of the Normalized Spectral Index, described
by Griffin et. al: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2805705/
It uses MS2 intensities for protein-level quantification.

We are working on publishing it independently but so far journal editors have
not been very receptive...

As for usage, if you run StPeter from the command line with no arguments you
will see a usage statement. By default it uses only non-degenerate peptides and
a 1% FDR cutoff. Typically the default values are fine, so you should just be
able to run it against your ProtXML results. It will write the quantification
values back into the ProtXML and will also output some simple CSV results.

At the moment PTMs are hard-coded and contain only a limited set, so the most
common issue that I run into is that the program will crash when searching
"unusual" mods.

-Jason