Hi All,

A quick update and reminder for tomorrow’s call.

On our last call, we had come up with a viable (seeming) proposal to respond to
the FSF’s request for clarification in SPDX identifiers for the “only x
version” scenario for the GPL family of licenses.  Our plan at the end of that
calls was to present this to the general meeting for further input, a bit more
time, and then implement if there was no further concerns.  The general meeting
last week did not yield any further concerns, although most people attending
were already part of the conversation.

In any case, we can clearly see from the mailing list, that we have not
bottomed out on this issue and proposal. We are also waiting for further
guidance from the FSF on some of the questions that came up on the various
calls.  While it’d be great to have this resolved for the next release, we
cannot rush this and we can also not delay the next release any longer than it
has already been taking.

I would ask that we continue this discussion on the mailing list. But in the
meantime, we need to move forward with the XML work and next release.  The call
tomorrow will focus on picking up that work and what still needs to be done.  I
would encourage people to focus there energy there as well.

Call information can be found here, as always:
https://wiki.spdx.org/view/Legal_Team <https://wiki.spdx.org/view/Legal_Team>

Thanks,
Jilayne

SPDX Legal Team co-lead