Hi Max,

> 1. We would both be fine with REUSE-Snippet-Begin, REUSE-SnippetBegin,
>    SPDX-Snippet-Begin or SPDX-SnippetBegin, and Snippet(-)End
>    respectively. Would SPDX want to introduce such a tag as an addition
>    to the existing Snippet information in the near future, or should
>    REUSE take the initiative here?
[G.O.] I personally would like to include this in the SPDX spec - we just need
a volunteer to create an issue or (better yet) a pull request to update the
Annex E Using SPDX license list short identifiers in source files
(https://github.com/spdx/spdx-spec/blob/development/v2.2.1/chapters/using-SPDX-short-identifiers-in-source-files.md#annex-e-using-spdx-license-list-short-identifiers-in-source-files-informative).
  I would offer help on this, but I'm pretty busy with this year's Google
Summer of Code and won't be able to help much for the next couple of months.

My preference would be SPDX-Snippet-Begin or SPDX-SnippetBegin.

> 2. For copyright, we would prefer SPDX-SnippetCopyrightText as an
>    equivalent to SPDX-FileCopyrightText

[G.O.] Agree

> 3. For license, we would prefer SPDX-License-Identifier. This is the tag
>    people use for declaring licensing of their files, but it could be
>    applicable for snippets as well, so in their enclosed context.
>
>    SPDX-LicenseInfoInSnippet might be the "official" way how to do it,
>    but to be brutally honest, I find this counter-intuitive and very
>    hard to memorise. I know that License-Identifier has become the
>    unloved child for a few people because of the lack of CamelCase and
>    clear context e.g. to files, but it's already out there, well-known,
>    and accepted. So I would suggest to use it for snippets as well.

[G.O] Is there a possible ambiguity of an SPDX-License-Identifier is associated
with a file or a snippet?

> Another question was raised regarding nesting of snippets, so the strange case
> when a third-party code that I would like to use as a snippet would contain a
> third-party snippet already. In this case, to also be compatible with the
> current
> SPDX info on snippets, we would suggest to not allow nested snippets but
> instead mandate that a snippet has to end in order for the next snippet to be
> able to begin. Would you agree?
[G.O.] To be honest, I haven't considered the nesting of Snippets.  Un-nested
snippets are complex enough ;)  In an SPDX document nesting is allowed since
they are expressed with byte ranges and there is no rule to prevent nesting or
even overlapping snippets.  When marking snippets inline, it is a bit more
challenging.  I would definitely disallow overlapping snippets (e.g. Snippet A
is lines 1 through 20 and Snippet B is lines 10 through 30).  Nesting may be
useful, however but it would significantly complicate the tooling.  I don't
feel strongly, but I tend to agree with the proposal that nesting not be
allowed.