Note that "Steve's tool is confident that package X has license A" allows
the SPDX Package X element created by Steve to have a license A property.

Gary's tool can create an SPDX Package X element with a license B property.

It's when both Steve and Gary want to re-use the same SPDX Package X
element created by Dick, but apply different licenses to it, that
relationships are required.

v/r,
David