On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 10:24 PM, Rohit Lodha <rohit.lodha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi I am Rohit.
> As I mentioned in my last email, I would like to contribute to SPDX by
> working on the Online Validation Tool during the summer.
> I have already submitted some patches to tools-python repository.

Thank you for this. Can you check the comments I made there?
There are quite a few adjustments that are needed if you want to prove
me that you can handle the basics of git and Python.

> I would like you to help me write my project proposal by suggesting more
> features that can be implemented in the system.
> After going through the spdx specification, I suggest we build a Web Server
> using Django,Python with the following features :
>
> A portal where user can upload,parse and validate SPDX documents.
> Using a Python-Java bridge ( probably JPype and Py4j ) for integrating Java
> library which is up to date with the current version of spdx.
> We can use some features/codes from the tools-python repo. for some
> implementation.
> The portal will also provide the feature for Online License Expression
> Validator
> Online License Search
> Online License Comparator
>
> This is just a basic blueprint of the system. I would like you to suggest
> some more features which I may have missed.

This is a good start. At this stage this is not about piling more features.

Instead what I would like to see in a proposal is:
- the details of which data structures and models you plan to create.
And why?
- a description of the processing flow(s): which would be the key parts
and how the data would flow between these?
- how do you see users using the tool(s)?
- what would they gain from it?
- which UI/UX do you have in mind?
- what is your plan to package and make these installable?

And this for each feature and/or tool you are considering.
And I am not interested in boilerplate parts, but what is
specific to your apps.

As a side note, please try to avoid posting HTML or Rich text on this list.
Plain text is better.

--
Cordially
Philippe Ombredanne