Any sufficiently advanced web site system is indistinguishable from an OP.

Or, rather, can be turned into an OP. :)

Vinay Gupta wrote:

I think that kind of misses the point. The *namespace* that google manages is now open for business as an OpenID provider. It's an unanticipated side-effect of the APIs.

I think it's kind of a big deal, actually, in terms of how OpenID is right from an engineering perspective and how it can spread in unexpected ways. If only login were so easy.

Vinay

--
Vinay Gupta - Designer, Hexayurt Project - an excellent public domain refugee shelter system Gizmo Project VOIP: 775-743-1851 (usually works!) http://hexayurt.com/ Cell: Iceland (+354) 869-4605 Skype/Gizmo/Gtalk: hexayurt People with courage and character always seem sinister to the rest Herman Hesse