My previous post on pseudonymous identifier seemed to have kicked off
interesting but orthogonal discussion of identifier for group of
individuals (like school class, friends, etc.)

Please use this thread instead for this discussion.

Just to put an context to the discussion, I can put one deployed
example of this type of identifier use.

mixi, the largest Japanese SNS, is using the concept of "group identifier."

For example, to prove you are a friend of mine, you can authenticate
with the identifier

https://id.mixi.jp/nat/friend

The verified identifier would be something like
https://id.mixi.jp/nat/friend#hashOfYourId etc.,
if I rememer right.

As you can see, it requires no change in the OpenID AuthN 2.0 nor an extension.

Anyways.. my 2c.

=nat

--
Nat Sakimura (=nat)