--- In [email protected], "d_j_salvia" 
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> --- In [email protected], "Stefan Pochmann"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> Can someone help me understand/develop this OLL, maybe similarly as 
I
> did with the J-perm above?
> M U R U R' U' M2 U R U' M R'
> > 
> > Cheers!
> > Stefan
> 
> You can start by changing the M R' at the end to an L' ;)

Well yeah, I should rewrite the end... but differently. Ok, here's 
what I mainly think so far. First I add a U' to make the alg 
"complete", I want to keep the side effects (on the centers) out:

M U (R U R' U') M2 (U R U' R') M U'

Then rewrite the inner part as a commutator:

(M U) [R U R' U', M2] (M' U')

Actually I have two commutators there, the inner one is inside [M,U]. 
The outer one is a bit heavy, but the inner one is easy to understand. 
So let me build a different alg that achieves the same result:

(M U) [R' U R U', M2] (M' U')

Or written out and without the U' at the end:

M (U R' U R U') M2 (U R' U' R) M

Yeah ok, the original was better, (R'M) is nicer than (RM)...

But about the [M,U] again. The first M "flips" the UB edge, then U 
replaces it by another edge which gets flipped with M', then U' 
restores the corners. Apart from those two flipped edges, two more 
were "flipped", but on the B side. Same game, the M turns flip and the 
U turns replace. A fifth edge was involved, too. To fix the latter 
three edges, the inner commutator is used. Alright, enough with this 
alg for tonight.

Cheers!
Stefan






------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
Get fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home page
http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/MXMplB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/speedsolvingrubikscube/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 


Reply via email to