Hi,

Let me start by saying that I am extremely new Linux. I have recently
installed my alcaltel usb adsl modem on RH7.2 by following the how-to and
the modem looks like it's up and running. When I execute the #ifconfig ppp0
I don't get any
error messages just the standard interface config.

My problem is that when I launch into Mozilla I cannot seem to resolve any
URL's. I have 3 machines 2 windoze and 1 Linux which I have networked on a
LAN. I can ping any machine across my LAN. What I would like to do is use
the Linux machine as a firewall. Can anybody help in achieving this or
alternately point to some resources that can help set up the network and the
configuration required.

Thanks,

Max

Max Merolla
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.headstartit.co.uk
+44(0)2089971447
+44(0)7903406188

Pour se désinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=unsubscribe