Mihamina Rakotomandimby said:
> Hi ... i totally agree with you about the way you check the connection
> status .

I don't want to chip in with two many me too posts but...

You probably want to cycle the hosts you ping incase they go down (it can
happen even to yahoo). I have a preliminary monitor script that I was using
that takes the drastic measure of resetting the box if it fails. You can see
it at:

http://www.bennee.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb/src/perl/monitor.pl?rev=1.2&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
The reason I reset the box is because it is a gateway machine (i.e. does
nothing but ADSL) and I know a reset will always bring everything up.

I've also added a delayed shutdown to my ip.down scripts so if pppd doesn't
renegotiate properly and execute the ip.up script (which cancels any running
shutdowns) my box fails safe.

Alex
www.bennee.com/~alex/




Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
Pour se d�sinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=unsubscribe

        

Reply via email to