>> "l" == libiko  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

l> syslog: May 21 19:37:38 verleihnix pppd[11587]: connect script is
l> required for demand-dialling

l> any ideas how this script can/should look like?

I just use '/bin/true'

It wants something to tell it that it dialled correctly, and as it
doesn't have to dial at all really, /bin/true does nicely.

l> another problem is that the usb-ohci kernel-module has to be
l> reloaded between stopping and restarting pppd. else i get following
l> output when typing /etc/init.d/speedtouch start:

l> Starting ADSL connection:Another program/driver is already
l> accessing the modem...  failed: Cannot start modem_run.

l> any solutions to this?

This is a problem with pppoa3 not cleaning up after itself that I had
last week when I started, IIRC - it doesn't correctly remove the
/var/run/pppX file - do it manually and you don't need to dunk the USB
driver module. I believe this is fixed in CVS, and I am not actually
sure why the dunking works...

HTH

Peter

-- 
Peter Riocreux, Amulet Group, Dept. Computer Science, Manchester University,
Oxford Road, MANCHESTER, M13 9PL, UK.      <http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/amulet/> 
Voice: +44 161-2753547      Mobile: +44 7970-611366     Fax: +44 161-2756236


Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
Pour se d�sinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?subject=unsubscribe

        

Reply via email to