Op za 27-09-2003, om 23:55 schreef Thijs Thiessens:
> Hey! 
> 
> I've got some real trouble keeping my speedtouch online (thomson 330,
> the purple one). It disconnects at an interval of some hours. I'm not
> sure what causes it, but i'm working on that. Is this a known issue?
> Than I would appreciate some links to documentation about the subject if
> there is any. Second, I would like to know how I can reconnect. The
> provided SysV script does not properly reload, restart, or be stopped
> and started once it disconnect. I tryed killing some things, (modem_run,
> pppd) but it does not seems to be effective. So every time it
> disconnect, I'm forced to restart my computer. Third, are there any
> configurations in the hard or software that might be causing this? For
> example I have 25 meters cable lying between the modem and the root of
> my phoneconnection.
> So much for the first issue.
> 
> Next.
> I have a very fast dslconnection. Actually it is one of the fastest I
> could get. 2MB download, 756kb upload. However not rated so far.
> Sometimes, it starts at over 2000kb/sec and then drops slowly, but fast
> enough to around 125/175 kb/sec. I would like to sort out what causes
> that.
> 
> Enough.. said... I'm so gratefull for the hard work which has been put
> into the project. I hope it will be refined as more issues become clear.
> 
> 
> Thanks, and have a good one for tonight.
> 
> 
> Thijs Thiessens
> The Netherlands
> 
> 
> 
> Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
> Pour se dsinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 
Left me with some details...

Redhat 9.
Benoit driver: 1.2-beta2
Kernel 2.4.20-20.9
Usb: module (uhci)
Modem: thomson 330
started with the provided sysV script

thanks


Thijs Thiessens




Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
Pour se d�sinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

        

Reply via email to