Hello Thijs,

> I've got some real trouble keeping my speedtouch online (thomson 330,
> the purple one). It disconnects at an interval of some hours.

 I see USBDEVFS_BULK fails after a long time of inactivity. Not really a 
disconnection, but the modem is unusable from that point.

 Currently I am testing an updated pppoa3 which I received from Ok 
Overbeek. It didn't entirely solve my USBDEVFS_BULK failed issue when using 
the firmware.bin from the speedtouch website, but I am currently testing it 
with the latest official firmware from thomson (KQD6P2.eni), which cannot 
be used with the official (unpatched) beta.

 I was thinking of releasing a slightly cleaned up version of this patch, 
and others concerning logging and verbosity plus a spec file via 
http://home.hetnet.nl/~ottolander/speedtouch/speedtouch.html
one of these days.

> Second, I would like to know how I can reconnect.

 Problem is the modem needs to be reset to reload the firmware (at least in 
my case). This means you either have to unplug the modem or reload usb-
uhci. I use the latter, because I have no other USB devices connected. Run

rmmod usb-uhci; sleep 1; modprobe usb-uhci; sleep 3;

and then rerun modem_run. You might want to kill old pppoa3 instances and 
remove the lock file as well before rerunning modem_run.

Bye,
Leonard.

--
How clean is a war when you shoot around nukelar waste?
Stop the use of depleted uranium ammo!
End all weapons of mass destruction.


Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
Pour se d�sinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

        

Reply via email to