I am trying to get my Alcatel speedtouch 330 USB modem working under
redhat 9 question

I have been to websites

http://linux-usb.sourceforge.net/SpeedTouch/index.html
http://www.speedtouchdsl.com/support.htm
http://webconexion.net/speedtouch/ (redhat 7.3 & 8.0)

and followed there instructions each time to the letter and had no luck
for various reasons ( some of the instructions are misleading/confusing IMHO 
)

I know I have usb plug and play setup as under val/logs/messages I get, when 
the modem is plugged in.

Sep 28 12:45:47 localhost kernel: usb.c: USB device 10 (vend/prod 
0x6b9/0x4061) is not claimed by any active driver.

Sep 28 12:45:51 localhost /etc/hotplug/usb.agent: ... no modules for USB 
product 6b9/4061/200


I�m guessing linux is not picking up the alcatel driver and that this is USB 
problem (so far) so my question is as I have tried several times to install 
the speedmgmt and drivers, why is this not working and how do I get it 
working ? I am trying to connect via pppoa and the kernel version 2.4.20, 
please advise if you need any more info.


(I also get this type of message when I plug in my wireless NIC, so I am 
guessing this is a driver/usb problem but anyone�s help would be 
appreciated. After all the instructions I am confused on which files are 
needed where and why !

I �m looking for instructions from some else who has gone through this Pain 
!

Thanks in advance

Paul

(Please ask if you need more information)


Thank in advance

Paul

_________________________________________________________________
Add MSN 8 Internet Software to your existing Internet access and enjoy 
patented spam protection and more.  Sign up now!   
http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/byoa



Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
Pour se d�sinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

        

Reply via email to