On Monday 29 September 2003 08:50, Paul Juster wrote:
> I am trying to get my Alcatel speedtouch 330 USB modem working under
> redhat 9 question
>
> I have been to websites
>
> http://linux-usb.sourceforge.net/SpeedTouch/index.html
> http://www.speedtouchdsl.com/support.htm
> http://webconexion.net/speedtouch/ (redhat 7.3 & 8.0)
>
> and followed there instructions each time to the letter and had no luck
> for various reasons ( some of the instructions are misleading/confusing
> IMHO )

Hi Paul, yes the documentation is out of date.  The simplest thing to do is to
download the "speedbundle" from the download page of
http://linux-usb.sf.net/SpeedTouch
It should install and configure everything.

> I know I have usb plug and play setup as under val/logs/messages I get,
> when the modem is plugged in.
>
> Sep 28 12:45:47 localhost kernel: usb.c: USB device 10 (vend/prod
> 0x6b9/0x4061) is not claimed by any active driver.
>
> Sep 28 12:45:51 localhost /etc/hotplug/usb.agent: ... no modules for USB
> product 6b9/4061/200
>
>
> I�m guessing linux is not picking up the alcatel driver and that this is
> USB problem (so far) so my question is as I have tried several times to
> install the speedmgmt and drivers, why is this not working and how do I get
> it working ? I am trying to connect via pppoa and the kernel version
> 2.4.20, please advise if you need any more info.

It sounds like you don't have the kernel module installed.  speedbundle will
install it for you (you need to have the source for your running kernel).

>
> (I also get this type of message when I plug in my wireless NIC, so I am
> guessing this is a driver/usb problem but anyone�s help would be
> appreciated. After all the instructions I am confused on which files are
> needed where and why !
>
> I �m looking for instructions from some else who has gone through this Pain
> !

I went through this pain, which is why I wrote speedbundle :)  I will update the
documentation one day when I have time...  It would help if you could point out
the most confusing bits.

All the best,

Duncan.


Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
Pour se d�sinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

        

Reply via email to