On Monday 10 November 2003 09:53, you wrote:
> Duncan Sands wrote:
> >Yeah.  The speedbundle (http://linux-usb.sf.net/SpeedTouch/download)
> >contains patched pppd sources.
>
> That's what I was fearing... Anyway, it's a real shame that FC comes
> with the speedtch driver compiled but there's no support whatsoever for
> it... In the mean time I've got the userspace driver working fine, so I
> don't really want to mess around with the ppp sources. Are the
> modifications you provide in the speedbundle already included in the
> most uptodate ppp sources? I was thinking about filing a bug in bugzilla
> for getting the pppoatm.so included, but I think they won't accept
> something not mainstream... Just a gues, but you know...

Hi Giacomo, I don't know why the latest redhat pppd doesn't support
pppoatm - why not let them know?  I know that at least one redhat
developper is pushing for redhat to support the speedtouch modems.
By the way, I don't think there is such a thing as "ppp sources": there
doesn't seem to be a definitive ppp source repository - every distribution
seems to maintain its own copy.  Yes, it's a mess.  Anyway, the user mode
driver works well, so you might as well stick to that.

All the best,

Duncan.


Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
Pour se d�sinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

        

Reply via email to