On Tuesday 11 November 2003 12:15, twix21 wrote:
> Hi, a quick bug report (modem is a 330, computer ibm thinkpad 600x laptop,
> o/s rh9, kernel 2.4.20-20.9)
>
> If I killall pppd, then pull out the usb plug, then push it back in,
> nothing happens; the modem doesn't go through the firmware load cycle.

Are you using hotplug?  If so, the firmware should be loaded.  Why do you
think it hasn't been loaded?  What do you find in /proc/net/atm/
after you plug the modem in again?  What is the output of

        cat /proc/net/atm/speed*

?  Are you sure pppd went away?  killall is not a sure kill.

> lsmod output shows 'speedtch' still loaded after usb plug pulled out.

Normal.

> If however I killall pppd, then pull out usb plug, then rmmod speedtch,
> then push plug back in, then it all works fine.  That's inconvenient as I
> have to log in to to do the rmmod.
>
> Do any of the scripts in /etc/hotplug/usb get run at disconnect time, or is
> there another solution?

Yes, it's supposed to work.

> Overall it's working well, uptime seems a little less than on redhat 8.0
> which was rock solid most of the time, but only been using it for a couple
> of days so could be temporary line quality problems.
>
> I've just switched from firmware.bin to KQD6P2.eni, do you know what the
> changes are?

No.

All the best,

Duncan.


Liste de diffusion modem ALCATEL SpeedTouch USB
Pour se d�sinscrire : mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

        

Reply via email to