On Wednesday 21 October 2009 09:05:55 werner wrote:
> Nearly there, but this is probably an rst issue, i.e. how to format the
> following correctly so that ":width:" is not considered text?
>
> ===============================  ==============================
> Vinoté Wrap tag                                              Vinoté Neck
>  tag .. image:: _images/tagWrap.jpg                         .. image::
>  _images/tagNeck.gif
>    :width: 7cm
>
> :width: 7cm
>
> ===============================  ==============================
>
> Hopefully above will come through corrected aligned.
>
> The "width" line is just shown as text in the generated output.
>
> I searched in the Sphinx and rst documentation but can't find anything
> helpful for the above.

You are using simple tables. The ..image and the :width: are in separate
cells.

Please see
http://docutils.sourceforge.net/docs/ref/rst/restructuredtext.html#simple-
tables

"Simple tables allow multi-line rows (in all but the first column)", "Each
line of text starts a new row, except when there is a blank cell in the first
column. In that case, that line of text is parsed as a continuation line."

Simple tables are... not so simple :-(

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  KDE Developer (MFCH)
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'  http://lateral.netmanagers.com.ar
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'     The 6,855th most popular site of Slovenia
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'       according to alexa.com (27/5/2007)