On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 4:04 PM, Fernando Perez <fperez....@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 2:58 PM, Kevin Dunn <kgd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> You can compare how the same HTML page is shown with MathJax or with
>> Sphinx's built-in pngmath extension:
>> * mathjax: http://connectmv.com/mathjax-extension/with-mathjax.html
>> * pngmath: http://connectmv.com/mathjax-extension/with-pngmath.html
>>
>> MathJax shows better, and the HTML can also be zoomed, and the math
>> will zoom clearly, unlike PNG.
>
> Wow, beautiful.  Many thanks for posting this, I'm sure I'll be making
> good use of it soon.
>
> Regards,

> --

I've just tried mathjax on Windows XP with Sphinx 1.0.3 and ran into a
two problems. First of all, when testing html files on my local
computer, I couldn't figure out how to get

  mathjax_path = '/MathJax/MathJax.js'

in my conf.py to work. At least I couldn't figure out where Firefox
3.6.8 thought /Mathjax was (it apparently wasn't C:\Mathjax). So I
changed to:

  mathjax_path = 'file:///C:/MathJax/MathJax.js'

but ran into problems with Sphinx 1.0.3 that are reported and "fixed"
at
http://bitbucket.org/birkenfeld/sphinx/issue/513/add_javascript-relative_uri-dont-support-local-file-url-syntax-in-sphinx
(the solution is a hack but it works).

I also had to install the mathjax fonts in
\MathJax\fonts\HTML-CSS\TeX\otf\ by following the instructions given
at http://www.mathjax.org/resources/faqs/#image-fonts to get Firefox
to work with my local test files. Otherwise I got a message that my
browser didn't support "web-based fonts".

Now all I have to do is figure out how to use TeX :P