On 2012-06-13, SFL wrote:

> I would like to combine documents dynamically, therefore I intend to use
> the automatic numbering feature. However,
> including figures seems to break the numbering. All topics will start with
> "1" instead of continuous counting steps.

Any element other than the next list item closes the enumeration.
You may nest most elements (no section headers) in the list instead::

  #. In the **New Example** dialog, select **Standalone Sample Project**,
     then click **Next**.

     .. image:: images/10000000000002150000016F3E8B3EA6.png

     .. note::

        Depending on the product features installed, the **New Example**
        dialog may appear different.

  #. The custom flash driver template allows you to add a new flash device to
     the Flash Programmer view. In the **New Project Sample** dialog,
     select **The custom Flash Driver Template**, then click Finish.

     .. image:: images/1000000000000266000001B6D742F4D5.png

If you want to continue an enumeration after some other element, it is
sufficient to number the first item:

  3. The custom flash driver now appears in the project list of the
     **Project Explorer** view.

  #. This will become item 4.

Günter