John same, save money where ever I can, we have not had cable vision for over 2 yrs. I even dropped my internet down to basic :)
I have access to a BMW body man and I'm still thinking of painting her myself. 1 for the cost and 2 for the honour. It would be interesting. Thanks for the tips and encouragement. A. > I hole hardely agree with Terry! I'm one of the cheapest Son's of a > Bi%$^( I know. I don't spend any change except a penny. At the end > of the day, all my change goes into a set of coin holders that holds a > roll each of pennys, nickels, dimes, and quarters. I end up with > about $100 every 3 months this way. When I do the laundry (instead of > my wife doing it) and I find any money in the pockets of any of the > clothes, IT'S MINE! That goes into a box with my rolled coins. > > Unfortunately, I don't have a real clothes budget. But when I wear out > a "good" pair of pants (jeans, slacks, shorts, etc) - the pockets get > frayed, or I get a hole in them, they become shop pants. Especially > the jeans. Then when I blow out the knees in them, I cut them off and > have shop shorts for the hot weather. Same for T shirts and shirts. > I even recycle my paper towels. After I use them, I through them into a > bucket in the shop. Then when I need to clean out a greasy, oily pan > I use my used paper towels vis new ones. > > Andre Rousseau, you didn't say weither you had a compressor or not. If > not, start saving your money and buy one - a good one - nothing less than > a 5hp (220V) 30 gal. accumulator. Then you can practice you painting on > all your parts and body. A paint job is labor intensive and a good one > on a car that is being totally restored will cost in the neighbor hood of > $5,000 US. You can do it yourself, if you learn to do the body work for > about $1,000, excluding the compressor and paint gun. > > BTW, if anyone is interested, I've been working on an article on media > plasting and I cover purchasing a compressor. If anyone is interested in > a PDF (adobie acrobat reader required) version, let me know and I'll email > you a copy of the article. > > I buy my tools against a job. It took me 2 years to save $1,000 for my > MIG welder, but it would have cost me at least that much to have the > welding done and now I have a welder! > > Good luck with you project, and don't let it get you down. Take your time, > and as you pointed out, take everything apart and rehad it. > > John -- Andre Rousseau - Ottawa Canada 1968 Triumph GT6 MK I http://www.justdrive.ca/ [EMAIL PROTECTED] /// [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list /// Send admin requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED] /// or try http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool /// Archives at http://www.team.net/archive /// Send list postings to [EMAIL PROTECTED] /// Edit your replies! If they include this trailer, they will NOT be sent.
