I have been running DOT 5 for over four years in my 71. Brakes as well as clutch. I haven't had to rebuild either since the switch. I for one have not noticed any mushy feel to the pedals. My question is how could you tell the difference unless you are racing or high end autocross stuff? I don't think there are many of us who could actually tell the difference between one with Silicone and one with standard fluid.
I haven't had one bit of a moisture problem, the car goes from hot sunshine to a heated and cooled garage for the past four years. Car is driven during the winter months just as much as it is during the summer. South Carolina US weather really doesn't get real bad. Even if it was a little mushy, isn't the advantage of having a non paint eating fluid and non rubber attacking product more of a benefit? Just my $0.02 -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Larry Vaughan Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 10:13 PM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: DOT 5 I bought some DOT 5 and used it to assemble my rebuilt calipers. The next day I read that DOT 5 was popular for awhile then fell out of favor because it has a squishy brake feel and doesn't disperse moisture. Have any of you switched to DOT 5 then found it less than desirable? Larry *** http://www.team.net/the-local *** Your messages not reaching the list? Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html *** unsubscribe/change address requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or try *** http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool *** http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo *** Archives at http://www.team.net/archive *** Edit your replies!
