Larry, Make real sure you clean the system before you go with the Silicone.
You need to flush the whole system very well to make sure you don't leave any of the regular stuff in it. I drained mine completely with an air hose. Disconnect clutch and master at each and open all bleed valves. Wrap a rag or something over the bleeders to make sure the paint eating stuff doesn't get all over everything. Flush the master and slave on the clutch and do the same for the brake master. I used cheap regular rubbing alcohol to clean mine. After I was sure all the old stuff was out of all the lines and the brake wheel cylinders, I filled the brake master with alcohol and took my Mighty Mite bleeder tool and sucked the alcohol through the system. Each wheel starting at the futherest point and just pumped it till it was clear as what was in the original bottle. Once you have it all good and clean, blow out the alcohol! You don't need rags and stuff to worry about getting it all over anything! It dries real quick! Then you have to start all over and fill the system with the Silicone. It's a pain the ass but you will love not having to do this again for quite some time. I'm 4 years and counting! No drips, no runs, no errors, No REBUILDS! -----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Larry Vaughan Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 7:04 PM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: RE: DOT 5 Three pro and two con. I don't want to take the calipers apart again. I'll have all new parts except the pipes. I guess I'll try the DOT 5. I'm ordering the stainless and nylon hoses which are supposed to give firmer pedal. Oh, I got a good deal on a new brake master cylinder. It's the newer type, small lid. My '73 has the older type, large lid. It should work ok with new matching wheel cylinders, correct? Larry *** http://www.team.net/the-local *** Your messages not reaching the list? Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html *** unsubscribe/change address requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or try *** http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool *** http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo *** Archives at http://www.team.net/archive *** Edit your replies!
