[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Well.... anyone that use to like Craftsman or considered it a 'quality' backed product line ...can kiss that good-bye!
K-mart just bought Sears! 11 billions dollar deal!
There's no way Kmart can/will continue 'quality'. There
isn't any way they'll be able to maintain the 'Sears' brand loyalty
by bring in China crap, which is the only way they'll be able to maintain profits.


So who else believes Kmart and Sears BOTH will be out of business within five years after this grab for market dominance?

Why post this on the LBC lists?  ..AS a warning to buy your
tools NOW!  While they're still(?) some quality left in the name!
:-(

Paul Tegler
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
www.teglerizer.com




That's a cryin' shame but I guess it was inevitable. Even without the merger I think both companies would have sunk within five to ten years anyhow. They were both loosing retail sales faster than anyone else in the market segment while high-end retail companies like Neiman Marcus are reporting near-record growth in sales. The real downfall is the boom in home improvement stores and specialty linen stores (Lowes, Home Depot, Linens and Things; Bed, Bath and Beyond, etc.) taking the vast majority of their customers. For little to no more money they can feel less like cattle and more like upper-scale retail customers where cusomter service still seems to have at least some value. Add Walmart and Target to the fray to take grassroots retail customers and it's almost the perfect storm. The only thing I can think of that I can buy at Sears that I can't buy at Lowes or Target is a bed. I don't know about you but I don't buy beds all that often. The last few times I was in Sears I felt ignored and unimportant, furthering my desire to not shop there in the future. Honestly the only reason I've been going in for the last few years to to replace failed Craftsman tools. That said, I'll be heading to Lowes and buying Kobalt tools in the future. They're much closer to my house than Sears is anyhow. :)

tschuh

***     http://www.team.net/the-local    ***

Your messages not reaching the list?
Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html

***  unsubscribe/change address requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  or try
***  http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool
***  http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo
***  Archives at http://www.team.net/archive
***  Edit your replies!



Reply via email to