Ken, It could be loose bolts on the flywheel, a broken clutch disk spring, or a bad throw out bearing. I would check your crankshaft end play to make sure it's not the thrust washers. These are replaced by removing the oil pan and it couldn't hurt to replace rod bearings if your going to remove the oil pan. Rod bearing and thrust washer failure have killed a lot of Spitfire motors and they are fairly easy to replace. Good Luck. Bill Manning VARA DP Spitfire #3
> Listers, > > I'm getting ready to pull my transmission once > again. I've been getting a > "clonking" noise when I disengage the clutch. I > think it might be play in the > fork that holds the clutch throw-out bearing. But, > I'm not sure. Am I on the > right track? Could it have anything to do with the > flywheel? > > Any suggestions on what to look for would be greatly > appreciated. > > Thanks, > Ken *** http://www.team.net/the-local *** Your messages not reaching the list? Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html *** unsubscribe/change address requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or try *** http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool *** http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo *** Archives at http://www.team.net/archive *** Edit your replies!
