Ken: The clunk could be caused by many things. I would check your crankshaft end play without delay in order to rule out worn thrust bearings. A quick and dirty check would be to have someone depress the clutch while you are watching the crankshaft dampener on the front of the engine for any preceptable movement. The crank dampener will move aft toward the engine as the clutch is depressed if the thrust bearing is worn. I generally do this with the engine running, gearbox obviously in neutral, but it can be done with the engine off, though, it is not as easy to see and you have to restart the engine after each time you depress the clutch. Failure to correct faulty thrust bearing can lead to crankshaft damage and ultimately engine failure. I have a 1300 torn down in the shop now as a result of engine failure do to worn thrust bearings and resulting crank damage. Hope this helps. Cheers! Mark
*** http://www.team.net/the-local *** Your messages not reaching the list? Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html *** unsubscribe/change address requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or try *** http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool *** http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo *** Archives at http://www.team.net/archive *** Edit your replies!
