David, I re-did my seats with the kits from VB.  It wasn't too hard, as long
as I had the proper tools (glue, hog nose pliers, etc. It took me three
weeks working the evenings to restore the seat rails and to recover the
seats.  Oh, by the way, new seat foams too. The VB kits had a hole at the
top of the seat for the headrest, and the hole had a chrome grommet that
will have to be dealt with if you don't use the headrest.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of David Mayer
Sent: Friday, December 23, 2005 11:24 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re-upholstering seats?

Hello all,
   Now that the Spit is getting the body work done and painted, i am getting

the interior bits ready.  I have new door panels and rear cockpit panel.  I 
will be getting the new carpet soon and I want...nay...I NEED to redo the 
seats (DPO started one of them on fire while doing some shotty welding 
work).  I want to redo them in vinyl the same color as the door panels and 
cockpit panel (dark red).  I should also note, the seats that i have are not

even MkIII seats, they are 1500 seats with the headrests.  I am thinking 
about redoing them without the headrests.  How hard is it to redo the seats 
yourself?  I vaguely remember someone doing a write up on this procedure.  
Anyone else remember that?  Otherwise, what is a good price for getting them

done by someone else?
Thanks,
  Dave
'68 Spit...getting there (hopefully by next summer)

Your messages not reaching the list?
Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html

Your messages not reaching the list?
Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html

===  This list supported in part by The Vintage Triumph Register
===     http://www.vtr.org

===  Help keep Team.Net on the air
===     http://www.team.net/donate.html

===  unsubscribe/change address requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  or try
===  http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool
===  Other lists available at
===      http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo
===  Archives at http://www.team.net/archive
===  http://www.team.net/the-local
===  Edit your replies!

Reply via email to