It was a warm day in Minnesota, and we mean 37 degrees.
Fired up the heater, and got to work on removing the oil pan.
The parts even came in after 3 days from VB.
After several hours, pan is out. Yay.

Problem: I can't seem to get the rearmost big end bearing cap off. I can wiggle
it forwards & backwards a tiny bit, but it won't budge in any other direction.
Looking at the diagrams and such, I don't see how this is possible. Should
I tap gently on the crankshaft a bit rearword? It seems from the tiny view
I have, thrust bearings are in there.

Talk about irony. On my drive home, my MINI's battery is super-low on charge,
not enough to start. I had to get a jump start home. I try to start the engine
again in the garage, and it's back to its insufficient charge state. Ugh.

Your messages not reaching the list?
Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html

===  This list supported in part by The Vintage Triumph Register
===     http://www.vtr.org

===  Help keep Team.Net on the air
===     http://www.team.net/donate.html

===  unsubscribe/change address requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  or try
===  http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool
===  Other lists available at
===      http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo
===  Archives at http://www.team.net/archive
===  http://www.team.net/the-local
===  Edit your replies!

Reply via email to