It could have been a momentary interruption of the ignition, possibly
caused by a poor connection.  It may not happen again
for years, or it may start doing it all the time tomorrow...

Doug Braun
'72 Spit

At 08:46 AM 1/23/2006 -0800, you wrote:
>My usual driving of my spit is generally short trips (4 miles) at relatively
>low speeds.  I have a 1968 Spitfire Mk III with a Weber DGV carb.  I know
>that the valves need to be adjusted on the car.  I noticed a few days ago
>that the car ran-on for a few seconds after shutting it down.  Well,
>yesterday I took the spit on a much longer trip (40 miles) on the freeway
>down to my parent's house.  After getting up to speed on the freeway for a
>few miles, (I love the electric OD Trans I have), I was driving along and
>heard in quick succession two loud pops come from under the hood.  I
>experienced a momentary drop in power while the pop's were happening.  I
>looked in the rear view mirror and saw a big puff of black smoke come out.
>I continued on my drive and the car ran fine the rest of the way and had no
>problems on the way back.
>
>Was this caused by a too rich mixture?  Could it have been some build-up on
>the plugs that fell off at speed and popped as it went out the tailpipe?
>What do you think?

Your messages not reaching the list?
Check out http://www.team.net/posting.html

===  This list supported in part by The Vintage Triumph Register
===     http://www.vtr.org

===  Help keep Team.Net on the air
===     http://www.team.net/donate.html

===  unsubscribe/change address requests to [EMAIL PROTECTED]  or try
===  http://www.team.net/cgi-bin/majorcool
===  Other lists available at
===      http://www.team.net/mailman/listinfo
===  Archives at http://www.team.net/archive
===  http://www.team.net/the-local
===  Edit your replies!

Reply via email to