I don't understand all this speculation about the location of YS...

http://www.spynumbers.com/YosemiteSam.html

states quite unequivocally that the FCC DFed it as being near Albuquerque NM in December last year. From the pattern of reception here in southern CA I see no reason to say that it's moved since then.
As to the purpose of it, well that's another matter! Dan
ac6ao / g3ncr

Bear in mind... that's based on a ham radio intruder watch report, so while I reported it as such, you never really know. I have never heard that the station was officially busted.
--

---
Chris Smolinski