Hi Stefano,

Thanks for the responses.

>exactly.
>
>Moreover, draft-ietf-6man-segment-routing-header assumes encapsulation
>so clearly there’s no L4 involved here.
>
>s.

Two questions:
1. What if the encapsulation is VXLAN? L4 would still be involved, right?
2. When you say 'assumes encapsulation', does it mean that a host cannot send
an IPv6 packet with an SRH? The current draft says:

   A Source SR Node can be any node originating an IPv6 packet with its
   IPv6 and Segment Routing Headers.  This include either:

      A host originating an IPv6 packet.

      An SR domain ingress router encapsulating a received IPv6 packet
      into an outer IPv6 header followed by an SRH.

Will appreciate if you can clarify that.

Thanks,
Tal.