Hi all,

SPRING didn't meet in Prague so I presented this work in MPLS. Bruno suggested
that maybe SPRING would be a better venue.

I'm not sure about that, although I do think both WGs should chat about the
ideas.

The essence of this work is nothing more that MPLS-SR encapsulated in UDP per
RFC 7510. What it achieves is a way to obtain the SR functionality that we all
know and love in an IP network.

The approach is, of course, compatible with MPLS-SR. As the draft says...

   This document makes no changes to the segment routing architecture
   and builds on existing protocol mechanisms such as the encapsulation
   of MPLS within UDP defined in RFC 7510.

   No new procedures are introduced, but existing mechanisms are
   combined to achieve the desired result.

This is not intended to be a beauty contest with SRv6. As the draft says...

   The method defined is a complementary way of running SR in an IP
   network that can be used alongside or interchangeably with that
   defined in [I-D.ietf-6man-segment-routing-header].  Implementers and
   deployers should consider the benefits and drawbacks of each method
   and select the approach most suited to their needs.

Thanks,
Adrian

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bryant-mpls-unified-ip-
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bryant-mpls-unified-ip-sr-01