Alissa:

Hi!

Any thoughts on the update to this document?

Thanks!

Alvaro.

On December 20, 2017 at 6:18:13 PM, Les Ginsberg (ginsberg) (
ginsb...@cisco.com) wrote:

Alissa -

Thanx for the review.
V14 has been published and it attempts to address the Security concerns
raised by you and others.
Look forward to your feedback.

Inline.

[Les:] We share a common concern regarding trust issues. The architecture
draft speaks to the default policy of only allowing trusted sources to
insert SRH.
The 6man draft currently discusses exceptions under the protection of
authentication. I don’t see that as a contradiction.
The risk/reward of allowing such exceptions can (and should) be discussed
in the review of the 6man draft, but I am not convinced the architecture
draft needs to speak to this since it is a clearly stated exception to the
base trust model.

The point that SR is intended to operate within a trusted domain has been
clarified/reemphasized in the Security section changes.

Les