Gunter,

I have nothing to add to Les' comments, 100% agree.

Cheers,
Jeff
On 6/13/18, 08:42, "Idr on behalf of Les Ginsberg (ginsberg)"
<idr-boun...@ietf.org on behalf of ginsberg=40cisco....@dmarc.ietf.org> wrote:

    Gunter -

    I strongly support Option #2 and strongly support Ketan's recommendation
that an MSD sub-type be used to advertise ERLD.
    This is the unified framework that the MSD advertisement has been designed
to support.

    The following documents provide a unified definition of this mechanism:

    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-isis-segment-routing-msd/
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ospf-segment-routing-msd/
    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-msd/

    (The last one needs a refresh.)

    If we can update the related ERLD documents to align I think we will have
an excellent solution.

     (Note: in the case of
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-rld/
perhaps that can be combined with
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-msd/  -
but I leave that to the respective authors to work out.)

       Les

draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-rld-02.txt

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-

https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-idr-bgp-ls-segment-routing-rld-