Folks,

I am warming to the idea of fix-length, 64-bit locators. Benefits follow:

  *   There is no use-case for less specific (e.g., /56) locators
  *   It would make the FUNC part of the address appear in a predictable
location. This would facilitate ACLs that match on function.

While you might save a IPv6 address space with more specific locators, the
savings might not be worth the administrative headache.

In this case, we should probably change the document to reflect implemented
behavior.

                                                                       Ron

Juniper Business Use Only