Eric,

On 27-Feb-20 12:18, Eric Vyncke (evyncke) wrote:
> Writing this without any hat,
>
> Please note that on the logical side, it still have to be "proven" that this
> idea is strictly forbidden by RFC 8200.

The draft uses an undefined term ("pop") but it does *explicitly* state in a
section called "Penultimate Segment Pop of the SRH":

>> S14.4.      Remove the SRH from the IPv6 extension header chain

If the word "penultimate" means what it means in every dictionary, this is
in-flight removal of a header, and that is explicitly against RFC 8200, section
4, first paragraph below the diagram.

It's possible that "penultimate" means something else, e.g. "ultimate". I don't
know. I've been puzzling over this language for months and it doesn't change.
Maybe someone can finally post an explanation, but until they do, I don't see
how any WG Chair could assert rough consensus. An obviously organised +1+1+1+1
campaign is not consensus. I don't know about you, but when I see a message
whose only content is "+1" I just delete it.

   Brian