-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Roland
Huggins
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2008 3:07 PM
To: sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org
Subject: Re: Riser or Riser Nipple?

Sprigs are a separate category independent from risers.  That alone
would not convince many folks  that have an excessively literal mind.
Fortunately, we can then ask, if a 4-way brace is required why would 13
state:  Sprigs greater than 4 ft shall be restrained?

This issue come to our attention when looking at riser nipples.
That's why we now have the 3 ft allowance.  Beyond that, if it's feeding
more than one sprinkler, I think you have to treat it like any other
riser.

Roland