To: <sprinklerforum@firesprinkler.org>
Sent: Monday, February 11, 2008 9:28 AM
Subject: RE: rubber hose for air compressor

What part of which code are you saying it doesn't meet?

Rubber is prone to decay over time, could be damaged by chemicals in the
air, subject to puncture or cuts, could be pinched off.....  Just not a
good idea but easier to install and cheaper, and if there's no specific
wording forbidding it, someone is going to use it regardless of the
negatives.

Craig L. Prahl, CET
Fire Protection Group
Mechanical Department