Back in the olden days when I used to work for a living I would never
use only a steel pipe for a compressor hook-up. Somewhere there would
always be a copper loop to compensate for vibration. Now this takes
about three feet of soft copper pipe to accomplish in half inch and is
relatively time consuming to install so bigger bucks. Given the price
of copper, and working with a different set of tools and fittings
rubber hose becomes a viable candidate. Maybe the committee should
look at hose as an option and set some criteria for burst strength and
perhaps a nipple of X length between the compressor head and the hose
itself.

Ron Greenman
at home....